Airline & Flight Information
Douglas Charles Airport has Been Certified for Night Operations
These airlines provide flights to and from Dominica:
Although Dominica does not have its own international airport, flights from the mainland US or Europe are provided through the International Airport hubs of Antigua (ANU), Barbados (GAIA), St. Maarten (SXM), Guadeloupe (PTP) and Puerto Rico (SJU). Leeward Island Air Transport (LIAT) completes the Dominican leg of these flights and Seaborne also provides connecting flights to the island from Puerto Rico.
Passengers are able to connect from St. Maarten on BVI Airways. BVI also flys to Tortola (EIS) in the British Virgin Islands. Air Sunshine also allows for direct connections between Dominica and SXM, STT, and SJU on selected days. Dominica’s connectivity from France and other major European cities is accessed daily via ferry through the French islands of Martinique or Guadeloupe.
Air services from Europe to Dominica are provided by a number of major carriers, including:
- British Airways
- Virgin Atlantic
- Lufthansa and Air France through the International airport hubs of: Antigua, Barbados, St. Maarten and the neighbouring French islands of Martinique and Guadeloupe.
- American Airlines, Caribbean Airlines, and Air Canada provide Service from North America through Puerto Rico, Antigua and Barbados.
The Government of Dominica has recently completed infrastructural works to develop and improve air access on the island. Douglas Charles Airport has been certified for night operations from 2010 and presently remains operational up to 10:00 pm and later if so requested. This major investment has given Dominica the capacity to increase airline seats and make it easier to make connections from the hubs into Dominica.
- By: Webmaster ¦ On: 14th , Oct 2021The highly anticipated EXPO 2020 Dubai was officially o... Read More
- By: Webmaster ¦ On: 13th , Oct 2021Invest Dominica Authority (IDA) is pleased to announce... Read More
- By: staff ¦ On: 26th , Jun 2021On Wednesday June 23, 2021, Invest Dominica Authority s... Read More