IDA’s Mission, Vision and Mandate/Functions
The Invest Dominica Authority is the Government Agency responsible for promoting and facilitating investment in tourism and industrial activities. Our mandate is to actively pursue all sustainable investments both domestic and foreign and to provide the necessary facilitation services from beginning to end to ensure that your business succeeds.
To facilitate and actively promote investment opportunities in Dominica by assisting Government in the formulation and execution of national policies and providing support that exceeds our clients’ expectation.
To establish Dominica as the preferred investment location for sustainable development.
Mandate/Functions of Invest Dominica Authority
- Formulate strategies and programmes to promote Dominica as a destination in which to invest.
- Execute strategies, programmes and activities to promote Dominica as a destination in which to invest.
- Provide information to investors and prospective investors, domestic and foreign, on the legal, financial, real property, industrial relations requirements and other matters relating to the establishment of business enterprises in Dominica.
- Compile and disseminate information on available investment opportunities in Dominica.
- Provide local and foreign investors and prospective investors with information on potential joint venture partnership.
- Liaise with government agencies, departments and authorities to identify and secure suitable land that may be required by investors and prospective investors to implement investment projects.
- Establish procedures to process applications for investments projects and investment incentives efficiently.
- Provide services to assist investors and prospective investors, domestic and foreign, to obtain such certificates, approvals, authorizations or permits as may be required by law to establish and operate business enterprises.
- Process applications for investment incentives consistent with the law and policy of the Government.
- Advise on ways to improve the industrial and investment climate of Dominica.