Renewable Energy Sector
- Established Agency Dominica Geothermal Development Company to oversee geothermal energy.
- The 7-megawatt geothermal plant will be established by the first quarter of 2021.
- Access to financing through AID Bank for installation of renewables in a development
- Geothermal Resources Development Bill, approved in Parliament on 24 October 2016 that provides for the legal framework for the management of the geothermal resources, reconnaissance, exploration, use and in Dominica’s case export of the resource.
The Government of Dominica offers a very generous fiscal incentive package for investment in this area. These include the waiver of import duty and payment of VAT on capital items on:
- Reduction or exemption of import duty and VAT on inputs.
- Reduction in corporation tax.
- By: staff ¦ On: 9th , Jan 2019The Senior Investor Services Officer (SISO) will report... Read More
- By: staff ¦ On: 30th , Dec 2017It has been an extremely difﬁcult period during the imm... Read More
- By: staff ¦ On: 29th , Dec 2017Applications are invited from suitably qualified person... Read More