Invest Dominica Authority recognises the mutually beneficial relationship that exists between the French West Indies and the Commonwealth of Dominica in the area of foreign direct investment. Given Dominica’s strategic location between Martinique and Guadeloupe, we believe that there is much that we can do together; and therefore consider, developing links with our business and commercial partners in Guadeloupe; as being critical for our continued individual and collective investment opportunities. As a result, the Authority made the bold move to further collaborate with MPI Guadeloupe (the Guadeloupe Manufacturers Association) during a two-day investment and media mission, June 15-16 2017, with a special focus on the Agro Processing and Manufacturing sector. Representatives of the Authority met with several manufacturing companies during a business seminar and were further engaged during direct meetings, site visits and media interviews.
The manufacturing and agro-processing sector has great potential for value-added products, and provides a sound platform for joint venture opportunities. Dominica has an abundance of local and natural products, which provides the basis for Agro Processing and manufacturing of niche products. With a ranking of 8 for cost effectiveness by FDI Magazine, Dominica is proven to be a cost saver effective destination and preferred location for businesses operation. Invest Dominica Authority promoted this message of partnership during the mission. The information presented during this investment and media mission provided a range of possibilities which are available in Dominica, as we continue to explore ways to deepen and strengthen areas of cooperation and development with Guadeloupe.
- For further information please contact Hermina Augustine using the following information below:
- Hermina Augustine Senior Investment Promotion Officer
- +1 (767) 255-8244
- firstname.lastname@example.org investdominica.hermina.augustine
- By: Grace ¦ On: 6th , Jun 2019Like most places in the world, Dominica has realized that it cannot be business... Read More
- By: Grace ¦ On: 21st , Mar 2019A few incidents over the last few years have left me wondering whether expecting... Read More
- By: sharon ¦ On: 17th , Oct 2018“Oh Dominica, the land of beauty, the land of verdant, and glorious sunshine” th... Read More