Please take note of some important reminders regarding VAT Exemptions and Payments in the Commonwealth of Dominica:
- Every registered person known as a taxable person must charge VAT on every supply provided (section 9).
- Only a taxable person (section 52) and persons of section 54 are eligible for VAT refund.
- Persons in an exempt activity must not charge VAT on supply provided (schedule II.)
- Persons in an exempt activity are not eligible for VAT refund.
- Persons in an exempt activity must pay VAT on supplies provided by a taxable person.
- Zero-rated supply is charged at a rate of 0% by a taxable person and therefore is not an exempt supply (schedule I).
- By: Grace ¦ On: 6th , Jun 2019Like most places in the world, Dominica has realized that it cannot be business... Read More
- By: Grace ¦ On: 21st , Mar 2019A few incidents over the last few years have left me wondering whether expecting... Read More
- By: sharon ¦ On: 17th , Oct 2018“Oh Dominica, the land of beauty, the land of verdant, and glorious sunshine” th... Read More