Please take note of some important reminders regarding VAT Exemptions and Payments in the Commonwealth of Dominica:
- Every registered person known as a taxable person must charge VAT on every supply provided (section 9).
- Only a taxable person (section 52) and persons of section 54 are eligible for VAT refund.
- Persons in an exempt activity must not charge VAT on supply provided (schedule II.)
- Persons in an exempt activity are not eligible for VAT refund.
- Persons in an exempt activity must pay VAT on supplies provided by a taxable person.
- Zero-rated supply is charged at a rate of 0% by a taxable person and therefore is not an exempt supply (schedule I).
- By: staff ¦ On: 12th , Jan 2017“People work for people – they do not work for businesses” – Donn Carr... Read More
- By: Grace ¦ On: 9th , Jun 2016“Many employees have said “A few pens here, a notepad or two there, a stapler, a... Read More
- By: staff ¦ On: 15th , Jan 2016Many of you have heard of “The Elevator Pitch”. Many Investment Promotion Agenci... Read More