Please take note of some important reminders regarding VAT Exemptions and Payments in the Commonwealth of Dominica:
- Every registered person known as a taxable person must charge VAT on every supply provided (section 9).
- Only a taxable person (section 52) and persons of section 54 are eligible for VAT refund.
- Persons in an exempt activity must not charge VAT on supply provided (schedule II.)
- Persons in an exempt activity are not eligible for VAT refund.
- Persons in an exempt activity must pay VAT on supplies provided by a taxable person.
- Zero-rated supply is charged at a rate of 0% by a taxable person and therefore is not an exempt supply (schedule I).
- By: staff ¦ On: 6th , Feb 2018The decision to invest in the Commonwealth of Dominica starts with recognizing t... Read More
- By: staff ¦ On: 28th , Nov 2017When you think of Dominica, perhaps the first things that come to mind are the s... Read More
- By: staff ¦ On: 28th , Nov 2017If you’re thinking about investing in the Caribbean and Latin America, you... Read More