The Invest Dominica Authority (IDA) strives to ensure that this website is accessible to everyone. If you have any questions or suggestions regarding the accessibility of this site, or if you come across a page or resource that does not meet your access needs, please contact the email@example.com, as we are continually striving to improve the experience for all of our visitors.
We recommend using a standards compliant web browser so benefit from a better browsing experience of the IDA website. If you have an older version, please upgrade your browser. For more upgrade information, select the link below.
- We do not support Internet Explorer on the Macintosh. [intlink id=”752″ type=”page”]Browser Upgrade Information[/intlink]
- Also, we do not support Internet Explorer lower than v7.0 – You will experience many layout and design errors if using such browsers.
- Page titles: They are different on each page, and give a good idea about its content. It will help you keep track of where you are on the site, and make it possible to distinguish between pages when you have more than one window or tab open.
- Headings: They are important and provide a logical order and overview of the page your viewing. For those users who use screen reader, this means that you may be able to use screen reader features to jump from one heading to the next, or you can have a list of all headings displayed, so that you can decide which one is of most interest to you.
- Data tables: We have given row and column headings where appropriate to tables, so that they are not only visually different from the data cells, but designed so that screen readers can easier identify them. This makes it possible for screen reader users to find out what the important headings are, from within the table grid.
The navigation is divided into 4 crucial areas. Each of these sections provides the user with a wide variety of content, which can be easily accessed. Menus use hover, and active states and provide a visual indication that the page accessed is the actual page. The 4 main menu items are:
- The top navigation which is a DHTML Dynamic Dropdown menu which focuses on all the static content of the website – these pages provide all the information about IDA and its services and investment opportunities.
- The single button menu links under the DHTML menu are for the dynamic content areas of the website: the blogs, news, videos, downloads, galleries etc.
- The right side menu is activated only when the TOP DHTML menu item is active – it provides a secondary and more accessible method of cycling through pages within the parent page.
- The breacrumb menu is abilable on all pages and provides an accessible feature trail of where the user is on the website.
Each of these sections provides the user with a wide variety of content, which can be easily accessed from the drop-down menu. This primary navigation is then supported by the left hand navigation that allows users to drill down to further levels.
Using the Back Button on Your Browser
To return to the previously visited page, you can click on the back button of your browser. Alternatively, you can select the item directly from any of the site’s navigational tools. If you would like to access other areas from your current page, just select another item on the menu.
PDF Files (Portable Document Format)
The IDA website includes many PDF files that can be viewed in your browser or downloaded to view at a later. You will need to install Adobe Acrobat Reader (or any PDF viewer/reader) in order to view these files. You can download Adobe Acrobat Reader, free of charge, go to www.adobe.com.
Text alternatives are provided for all images, they are short and to the point as possible. Images use for decoration and layout (e.g. the images used to provide design and structure) are given empty alternative text, so that they are silent when a screen reader reads the page.
- All pages on the IDA website aim to be accessible to WAI WCAG AA or better, complying with priority 1 and 2 guidelines of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines as interpreted by the IDA’s Web Team. Should you encounter any difficulties relating to the level of accessibility of certain pages, please do not hesitate to report the problem to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All pages on the IDA website aim to validate as XHTML 1.0 Transitional, and use CSS 2.1 for visual presentation. Use of tables for non-tabular information is kept to a minimum. This may cause older browsers (e.g. Netscape 4.x) which do not understand standards-compliant code to display pages in a very basic way. However, the pages should still be usable.
- Wherever possible, we would recommend [intlink id=”752″ type=”page”]upgrading your browser[/intlink] to the latest version number to take full advantage of this site’s advanced presentational features. All pages on this site use structured semantic markup.
- By: staff ¦ On: 27th , Jan 2021Invest Dominica Authority is seeking the professional s... Read More
- By: staff ¦ On: 24th , Dec 2020Earlier this year, Invest Dominica Authority (IDA) anno... Read More
- By: staff ¦ On: 22nd , Dec 2020As we wrap up a very challenging 2020, we wish to take... Read More