Considerations for Banking in Dominica
- A foreign currency bank account can be allowed on application to the Ministry of finance.
- Major consideration is that the applicant must have a source of foreign earnings/income.
- Repatriation of capital can be allowed, usually to the extent of the percentage of the foreign participation in the company.
- Banking Regulation: Bank Act
- Currency Exchange: US$1.00 = EC$2.70 (official rate, fixed)
- Bank rates:
- US$1.00 = EC$2.70 (official rate, fixed)
- Selling: US$1.00 = EC$2.7169
- Notes: US$1.00 = EC$2.67
- Drafts: US$1.00 = EC$2.6882
- Wire transfer charge: US$16.67 – US$27.78 per transfer depending on bank used.
- Starting a Business
- Applying for Fiscal Incentives
- Work & Residency Permit
- Banking & Insurance
- Purchase of Land
- Economic Statistics
- By: staff ¦ On: 9th , Jan 2019Applications are invited from suitably qualified person... Read More
- By: staff ¦ On: 30th , Dec 2017It has been an extremely difﬁcult period during the imm... Read More
- By: staff ¦ On: 29th , Dec 2017Applications are invited from suitably qualified person... Read More