Alien Land Holders License
Non Nationals Wishing to Purchase Land/Property
According to a revision of Dominica’s Land Owners Act in April 2008, Individuals or corporate bodies who are not citizens of one of the member states and who are seeking to acquire land may require an Alien Land Holding license prior to the execution of the transaction depending on the amount of land to be purchased. In the case of the acquisition of land for commercial purposes, the Minister must publish in the Gazette areas in Dominica in which an alien may not acquire land without obtaining a license under the Act.
- An alien may hold less than one (1) acre of land for residential purposes or less than three (3) acres of land for commercial purposes without obtaining an alien landholding license. However, the alien landholding license fee of 10% of the value of the land is payable.
- An alien may not hold more than one (1) acre of land for residential purposes or three (3) acres of land for commercial purposes without first holding a license;
- On acquiring a license, the applicant must pay a fee equivalent to 10% of the market value of the land to government
- In the case of the acquisition of land for commercial purposes, the Minister must publish in the Gazette areas in Dominica in which an alien may not acquire land without obtaining a license under the Act.
- Particulars of the Ownership, location and current value of the property in question.
- The purpose for which the property is to be utilize
- The land Plan – prepared by a licensed surveyor.
- Application Fee Receipt.
- Any other information required by the Minister.
With the exception of Agricultural Development, the application must contain an approval from the Planning Division for any Development Project.
Fees Payable for purchase of land:
- 10% Alien Landholders Fee
- 4% Stamp Duty
- 2.5% Judicial Fees
- 1% Assurance Fund
- 3% Legal Fees (+15% VAT)
- Not inclusive of ‘Valuation’ and ‘Survey Fees’, this is charged separately. If the Lawyer is registered for payment of Value added tax (VAT), the legal fees would also attract 15% VAT.
- The Seller pays 2.5% Stamp Duty on the market value of the property or the purchase price, whichever the greater.
- Starting a Business
- Applying for Fiscal Incentives
- Work & Residency Permit
- Investment Incentives
- Banking & Insurance
- Purchase of Land
- Economic Statistics
- By: staff ¦ On: 26th , Jun 2021On Wednesday June 23, 2021, Invest Dominica Authority s... Read More
- By: staff ¦ On: 6th , Jun 2021Invest Dominica Authority recently collaborated with th... Read More
- By: staff ¦ On: 28th , Jan 2021Invest Dominica Authority wrapped up an interesting yea... Read More