In order to live in the Commonwealth of Dominica, you will need a residence permit. If You intend to work, you may also be responsible for obtaining a work permit and other related documents.
- The Ministry responsible for administering residence permits is the Ministry of Tourism & Legal Affairs.
- All residence permits are valid for one-year duration and can be renewed on a yearly basis for a period up to five years after which time the applicant can receive permanent residency.
- After two years as a permanent resident an applicant can apply for citizenship.
- Medical certificate that the applicant is in good health and has not in the past three (3) years suffered from any communicable disease;
- Two testimonials one of which shall be from the last employer;
- A statement of financial position from a reputable banker, or from person accepting responsibility for applicant;
- A statement from the Commissioner of Police of the applicant’s home state setting out the applicant’s police record (not exceeding 3 months)
- Proof that the applicant has a return ticket to his normal place of residence or has made a deposit to cover the cost of such ticket;
- Two (2) passport size photographs/valid passport (passport must be valid up to 6 months)
- Marriage certificate (where applicable)
- • Cover letter from applicant requesting permit
- Letter from applicant’s friend/family accepting responsibility for applicant while in Dominica;
- Application fee of EC$90.00 (CARICOM citizens) or EC$500.00 (Non-Caricom) to be paid at Treasury;
- Photocopy of Treasury receipt as proof of payment of application fee;
- Extension of stay from Immigration Police Department is required during the period that the application is being processed.
Download The Residence Permit Form : Residence Permit
All non-nationals above the age of 18 MUST complete the application form in DUPLICATE.
NB: The applicant must have applied for and obtained the extension of stay before he/she can submit an application for a resident permit.