Tax information for individuals, Companies and organisations
1Capital Gains TaxThere is no capital gains tax in Dominica
2RetireesPersons who retire in Dominica are exempt from taxes on income earned from a source outside Dominica, providing that such persons were not resident in Dominica prior to retirement.
3Export AllowanceDominica provides companies with a further tax concession effective at the end of the tax holiday period. In effect, it is a rebate of a portion of the income tax paid based on export profits as a percentage of total profits.
- Companies and individuals residing in Dominica are subject to taxes on their income.
- Persons who retire in Dominica are exempted from taxes on income earned from a source outside of Dominica. However, the person should not have been resident in Dominica prior to the retirement.
- Dominica has a tax treaty with Great Britain, the United States, and CARICOM countries to prevent double taxation of income earned in Dominica.
|Value Added Tax||15% on all goods & services|
|Value Added Tax||10% on Hotel Accommodation|
|Environmental Levy||1% or 1.5% (based on items)|
|Alien Land Holding Licence Fee||10% of the value of property|
|Customs Service Charge||4%|
|Excise Tax: Motor Vehicles||28%|
|Personal Income Tax:||Percentages|
|From $0 to %30,000||0%|
|From $30,001 to $45,000||15%|
|From $45,001 to $75,000||25%|
|From $75,001 and above||35%|
|Land Transfer Tax:||Percentages|
|Assurance Fund Fee||1% of value|
|Judicial Fee||2.5% of value|
|Stamp Duty (buyer)||4% of value|
|Stamp Duty (vendor)||2.5% of value|
|Solicitor’s Fee||3% of value on which a 15% VAT is payable|
- Starting a Business
- Applying for Fiscal Incentives
- Work & Residency Permit
- Investment Incentives
- Banking & Insurance
- Purchase of Land
- Economic Statistics
- By: staff ¦ On: 9th , Jan 2019The Senior Investor Services Officer (SISO) will report... Read More
- By: staff ¦ On: 30th , Dec 2017It has been an extremely difﬁcult period during the imm... Read More
- By: staff ¦ On: 29th , Dec 2017Applications are invited from suitably qualified person... Read More