Vacancy: Investment Promotion Officer
2 Feb 2022
The Investment Promotion Officer (IPO) will report to the Senior Investment Promotion Officer (SIPO) and is expected to assist in the promotion of Dominica to target potential foreign and local investments.
The Investment Promotion Officer is expected to:
- To conceptualize, plan and coordinate promotional events such as seminars and conferences to promote Dominica’s priority sectors.
- Assist to design and put into action a targeted campaign for the investment opportunities cleared for promotion, and the preparation of the web site, social media strategy, promotional materials, such as investment guides and sector brochures, videos, and social media content.
- Collaborate in developing sector and/or regional strategies and support related promotion work, including targeting potential investment and policy advisory work.
- Organize and host/facilitate inbound investor missions to Dominica and assist local target SMEs in the preparation and conduct of company/project presentations.
- Undertake research initiatives to identify and develop Investment Ready Projects to Offer.
- Prepare and update detailed investment feasibility studies and proposals.
EDUCATION/TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Relevant qualifications at Degree level in Marketing, Public Relations, or another similar and suitable Business- related field.
- At least three years work experience in Marketing and/or Economic Development/Investment Promotion.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office tools
- High level of proficiency in the use of Information and Communication Technologies particularly Social Media applications.
- Sound understanding of business principles and the commercial environment within which both, Invest and Discover Dominica authorities operate.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and experience interacting with high-profile executives and clients.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills. Ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines.
CONDITIONS OF RECRUITMENT
The position is to be filled on a contractual basis for two (2) years, subject to renewal upon decision by the Board of Directors.
APPLICATION PROCESS AND TIMELINE
Indicate your interest by forwarding your Cover Letter, Resume and three (3) references to include at least two (2) most recent employers in sealed envelopes, marked Confidential Application for the Position of Investment Promotion Officer, Invest Dominica Authority and addressed to:
The Executive Director
Invest Dominica Authority
1st Floor, 5-7 Great Marlborough Street
Telephone: 767 448-2045